holy experience

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Entering Week Four

Sunday is slmost over. All the little ones are sleeping and a very difficult day at the hospital is behind me. I do not have to think about being a nurse again until Saturday. Now, I put on my teacher hat.
We are entering week four. We are back in Genesis, again. I love it, but I feel like I have been wandering in the desert for 40 years. I purchased the Genesis through Deuteronomy and Ancient Egypt book from SCM and that is what we have been using to guide us through our Bible Study and Ancient History. Although we covered Ancient Egypt last year, I decided to start over in Genesis. I just didn't feel like we made the connection between Ancient History and the bible. We have also been more diligent with our Book of Centuries. A few things are starting to overlap. I love making that connection with the girls when they see that two very different things can be happening worlds apart at the same time. Anyway, the children do not seem to mind. They love knowing the answers to all the questions, because they have heard it so many times. Character studies are new for us this year, at least in such an organized manner. We are considering one character trait per week for the girls and pondering what character traits our important people in Genesis possess.


It is going to be a fabulous year, if I can maintain my sanity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment