holy experience

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

workboxes

Workboxes

Today was another full day. I used our workboxes. Honestly, I can't seem to get it together enough to do workboxes everyday. Perhaps, we just need more practice.
There were 10 boxes and 4 centers. Boxes contained:
Journal-topic "Do you have a pet/pets?" ( This entry a little better than the last)
Capitalization editing activity
Math lesson
Summary/main idea activity
bible reading/ scripture
Spelling list 4 practice
Video- Sing and Sign. We have been working on signing : "The Battle-hymn of the Republic"
We started a workbook for vocabulary..."Word of the Day" Today it was " dainty". Little sis is dainty, the scones we made mid-morning were dainty. The monster dog is NOT dainty and smells of...not quite sure... but definitely NOT roses.

We had centers for Language, Math, Art and Geography.


We started at 0800 and finished at 1420. Not too bad, for today. Big sis actually said this was the best day yet.
We did the taste bud science experiment with sugar, salt, lemon and coffee. They loved it. I think it was because of the coffee. The forbidden beverage. I can't live without it, I never let them taste it. Good grief, caffeine is the LAST thing they need.

I guess it is the little things that make it meaningful for them.


We made a trip to the library to collect some books for next week. We are going to take a break from the rigid schedule and do a little Five in a Row. "Owl Moon" I believe. I will include a little more research and information with a unit study on birds...including Owls. I even purchased an owl pellet. Hubby doubts they are ready for that ....We shall see. Add math, phonics and reading and call it a week. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment